This are inspired by the random swirls going on in my brain at the moment. It’s not necessarily a pretty sight.
1. I haven’t written in two weeks. I don’t know if I have reasons or excuses. Probably both. This makes me grumpy.
2. The dog is in the doghouse for doing something rotten in my garden. No plants were ruined but I am not a happy camper at the moment. That makes me grumpy too.
3. I ordered two cases of my favorite chai from Santa Cruz and this batch is "off" in that the balance of ingredients is wrong and it is overwhelmingly too much ginger. The trouble with buying from a small company. That makes me, you guessed it, a little bit grumpy.
4. Tomorrow I’ll be in Walnut Creek at a local SCBWI event with Lynn Hazen teaching about the various online social media options and how to use them. That makes me happy. Lynn is a wonderful author and teacher and we’ve had such fun preparing our material. I’m really looking forward to spending time with her and sharing what I know. This makes me very happy.
5. I will soon be teaching an online class on the various online presence and social media options, how authors could and should be using them with ways to participate and yet still have time to write. Leave me a comment if you want to be notified when the class is being offered. I’ve been wanting to offer an online class for quite some time and I’m excited about bringing this one forward. This makes me very happy.
I’d love to know about your classes. I may be too busy to take them this time, but if I can’t I’ll at least help spread the word.
*too much ginger would make me very happy, it’s my favorite:)
Thanks. I will be glad to have the help spreading the word and will hope that you might be able to take them at some time.
I like ginger but when you are used to a specific taste and you don’t get it … wah! It’s like expecting black coffee and getting hot chocolate. And now I have two cases of it. LOL
I add a ton of black pepper and that helps counter it.
Not writing makes me grumpy, too. Even days I just do a bit I am happier.
Yeah, that’s me too. Time has gotten away with me lately with real life stuff. Ugh.
Hope all those grumpy feelings vaporize into nothing, leaving you calm, happy and writing.
Have a good weekend.
Thanks Tracy. All better now. 🙂
Well, I think this comment will fit well under the Random Thoughts post.
First of all, I attended your and Lynn’s social media presentation today and am now staying up too late checking out links from your very helpful handout. (I guess I’ll be working on my time organization tomorrow.)
So…I visited your web site and was so excited to see that you share Robin Williams’ birthday. I share a birthday with Billy Crystal. You and I are some kind of indirect but fun birthday linked in. I love birthdays, too, so that made me very happy.
So happy you stopped by, Karin! I’m glad you found the handout helpful.
It was a great crowd today!
Woohoo for birthday connections.
Welcome to Livejournal. Let me know if you have any questions about it. If you click the link at the top of my page that says “creative friends” you can find a lot of other children’s authors to “friend” and expand your circle.