1. This is the new tree bench we got for the backyard. On clearance no less! Now if I could only find some chairs I liked on clearance too.
(I’m debating removing the rock path. It feels a bit overwhelming with all that rock right now.)
2. I had a few pieces of slate from our old house that I had moved over to this house then decided I didn’t need it. For the heck of it I put it up on craigslist and someone came to buy it from me. He kept canceling when he was going to come over but something told me to stick with him. He came today and picked up the slate which means now I have a bunch of extra space on the sideyard.
3. Same guy saw all the empty black nursery pots – lots and lots of them – and asked if I wanted to get rid of them. I said yes and he took most of them. I kept some for as I try to propagate plants.
4. Same guy took the single aggregate stepping stone and two cement piers.
5. Turns out the guy used to be a contractor. One of his new sidelines is building custom raised planter boxes. He’s going to build me a 7 foot long box for the courtyard for our herbs. His price for the one big one, raised, which will work better and look nicer is cheaper than the 4 I would have had to buy elsewhere.
A bonus item not yard related. I had a bunch of clothes all bought and ready to wrap for my husband who comes out and shows me his list for Macy’s that he is just getting ready to order because he needs clothes. So I had to give him his Christmas stuff early. Tell me other people’s husbands do the same thing?
And a second bonus item not yard related. I trained Cassie to ring the bells to go outside but today it has been too much of a good thing. I think she rang the darn bells 25 times and only two of those times was because she actually had to go to the bathroom.
It’s looking fabulous!
My husband doesn’t ever buy his own clothes, so I don’t have that problem, but my dad does that to my mom every birthday, Christmas, Father’s Day. 🙂
I love the bench!
Glad I am not alone in this. Sheesh.
Once I buy my husband’s gifts, I tell him he can’t buy anything for himself until after Christmas.
The dog just thinks you installed this wonderful bell for her to play with. “Call the humans to open the door.” What fun!
You know, I’m pretty sure I have that conversation with him every year and I’m pretty sure he “forgets” every year. LOL.
And yes, the dog thinks it’s a very fun game. She has a water bowl outside on the patio and she has one in the kitchen but as the crow flies, it’s much closer to go out back than to walk all the way into the kitchen. 🙂
Go, Cassie! LOL. 🙂
Hahaha. It certainly cut down my productivity for the day, which wasn’t that great to start with. alas.
Yes, spouse does this to me, too 🙂 We’ll be walking along looking at things and he’ll say, “I like that shirt. And look, it’s on sale. Maybe I should get it.” And I have to say, “Um, no. You already have that.” 🙂
Love the bench!
Hopefully the novelty of the bell ringing will wear off. I seem to recall other people having that problem, although I don’t think ours ever did?
And the bench is lovely!!
I think it looks beautiful!
My husband is a pro at coming home with the stuff I already bought him and have put away for his birthday or the holidays. Every. single. year.