I have been MIA from the online world for a while while we have had so many workers taking care of things around the house. While it’s nice to get things done, it’s very hard for this introvert to deal with having people here all the time. Hopefully the electrician only has a few more days of work, then it will be just me and the handyman and the painters I have yet to hire.
So for this Friday five, here are my favorite electrical things that have been done around the house these past few weeks.
1. All the lighting work in my office. Track lighting where there once was none has eliminated three lamps. The new ceiling fan does a great job moving the air around. And then there’s the rope lighting on the ledge in my office that delicately lights the word “IMAGINE.” Everything totally ups the “makes me happy to be in my office” factor, .
2. Additional track lighting in the library (got rid of yet another lamp) and another new ceiling fan.
3. Motion detector light in the laundry room/pantry that actually works with updated light fixtures that give off actual light.
4. The elimination/combination of way too many switches and dimmers into single switches. We used to have to turn on 3 switches to turn on each light in the living room. Now one light turns/dims them all. In the entry hall alone there were 9 switches in 3 different faceplate, each with 2/3 switches. Now there is a single 4 plate line of switches to take care of everything. On the other side of the room there were light switches behind the columns that have been moved and combined with the more easily accessible light switch at the end of the wall. So much cleaner. Well, except for the fact that there are holes in the sheetrock all over the place for the fishing/moving of wires.
5. The new lights in the kitchen. While I’m not a fan of the design of the lights, the function is superb. We have several slanted ceilings in the kitchen which look nice but the previous owners installed the recessed lighting on the angle effecting lighting the walls and not the actual kitchen. We installed new lights that telescope at a bit of an angle so the light actually points down, where it should. Loverly!
Let there be (adequate, stylish, and dimmable) light!!
Glad to see you again, my friend. LJ’s a much brighter place with you in it.
As someone who needs HER ENTIRE HOUSE REWIRED (just *guess* how many extension cords I have to use) I am so happy for you!
Just wanted to pass on how much I enjoyed Hugging the Rock. I’ve finished my second rounds with Nicole (who is a dream to work with). I’d love to touch base sometime.
Just curious what MIA stand for? :)…
By the way, great post! I love blog like this, write everything I do, I plan, I want :). This time I start researching some blogs. I like the way you express it. I should have mine :). Your blog help me to learn. Thanks.
From the Philippines,
ChooseYourOwnAdventureBooks.org for Kids, Adults and Teachers
Research Term Papers
This edition is readable for the readers like me who are sensational and sensitive,your previous edition was very strange from that topic of that published book,Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.