A day late but here’s a list of most of what I read in January. Some of them got put back on the shelf before I remembered to write them down.
Some reading was rereading of old favorites:
- What Daddy Did by Neal Shusterman
- Counterfeit Son by Elaine Marie Alphin
- The Killer’s Cousin by Nancy Werlin
- Backwater by Joan Bauer
- Jude by Kate Morgenroth (Fabulous!)
- An Unfinished Life by Mark Spragg (Breathtaking adult novel. The film is out now.)
- Donuthead by Sue Stauffacher
- All Alone in the Universe by Lynne Rae Perkins (From the winner of this year’s Newbery award featuring the same characters)
- The Boy in the Burning House by Tim Wynne-Jones (Always a great read author to read.)
- Blister by Susan Shreve
- Tender Mercies: Inside the World of a Child Abuse Investigator by Keith N. Richards (Non-fiction, very good.)
- I Speak for This Child: True Stories of a Child Advocate by Gay Courter
I love Counterfeit Son and The Killer’s Cousin. I think it’s about time I reread them!
I read All Alone in the Universe when it first came out long ago, but remember really liking it. I want to read CrissCross now.
I really like The Boy in the Burning House. My all-time favorite (so far) of his books is Stephen Fair.
I liked Backwater too, but the typos in the copy I read drove me nuts.
Love “Backwater,” love Joan Bauer! “Hope was Here” is one of my favorite ya novels.
what a great list!