I missed Five on Friday and Six on Saturday so here is the Seven on Sunday, random edition. There may or may not be a Flyboy edition after this.
1. They started the new roof on Friday. The baby finches are handling it just fine. Cassie, not so much.
2. So far only one plant took a hit with the roofing and I needed to move it anyway so I potted it up and I think it will be fine. However the pointy top of one of the arbors broke off and flew over the fence into the backyard of the house of evil. I can see it over the fence in her planter box. I have asked for it twice. You would think since I gave her all that stuff we were cleaning out of the garage that she could give me back my broken piece this is of no use to her but no, house of evil. I wish I had one of those "grabber" things and I could stand on a ladder and reach over the fence and get it myself. Grrrr.
3. My need for absolute silence seems to be increasing. This has nothing to do with the new roof and everything to do with being an introvert and needing to find my energy from within.
4. . Business plan reassessment was positive. Color me happy.
5. We bought a new (old) buffet on craigslist which means we moved the bar back to the living room which will be forever known as the lounge. I am now on the search for some small leather club chairs. Alas, having seen some beautiful antique ones on a craigslist posting many states away, everything I look at now isn’t as nice.
6. I am also on the lookout, via craiglist (because I hate paying high prices for furniture) for a small, round wood coffee table. When I didn’t want one, that was all I saw. Now, of course, they have disappeared.
7. The new fridge arrives next week, I think. It will not be as tall as the last one so we will have to have someone finish off the opening with a shelf or something. Hopefully at the same time I can have them remove th built-in ironing board that sticks out and looks very odd in the dining area.
Yay for the baby finches, but condolences to Cassie. Cyber hugs for her. Hopefully it will be over soon.
I have a need for quiet, too. That was the reason we moved so far out into a rural area, to get away from the madding crowd. Unfortunately, they’ve followed us. We now have Hawgs to the left of us and ATVs to the right. This area is rapidly going suburban, which to me means it’s time to move again. This planet has too darn many people.
Ugh on not having the quiet you moved there for. I so agree – way too many people. Sigh.
Good luck with the roofing and the furniture hunting. Isn’t it always the way it is with not finding what you need when you need it. But something perfect will appear sometime. 🙂
We are almost done with the roofing, thank goodness. The furniture is really going to be tough because I like so many different kinds but I know really what “belongs” in there to make the room work. Sigh.
House woes. Sometimes I think houses are a life test and the questions are either essay questions or lab questions. Good luck sorting out your rehab projects, Susan. I’ll take your comments to heart when we try to add a covered porch on the back of our house—maybe this year or maybe next….
Re: House Edition
Thanks, Bill. Good luck on your covered porch. I have always wanted a house that could pull off a covered porch.