1. Excedrin Migraine. It works on my sinus headaches enough to dull it painful but almost bearable.
2. I hit the deadline to get my critique in for our conference submission. Considering how long I have not been writing regularly this was huge.
3. I turned in several work-for-hire assignments and picked up two more.
4. Being laid off. I know I have said it before but I am really, really, really thankful to be home. It is going to take months still for my body to absorb all these changes but it is the right thing for me. I know it.
5. Friends who don’t give up on me even when I am a major flake about things.
6. A husband who does it all – cooks, shops, cleans – and lets me work toward creating the literary life I crave.
I’m a lucky woman.